The ledzokuku Krowor Municipal Assembly was one of the many created districts established on 1st November, 2007 and inaugrated on 29th February, 2008 under the Legislative Instrument(LI 1865).
Under the local government arrangement when the Accra Council was created in 1953, six area councils were established namely, Ashiedu Keteke, Ayawaso, Okaikoi, Osu Klotey and Kpeshie (which comprised Teshie, Nungua and La). This system operated until 18th March, 1989 when Accra was elevated to Metropolitan status and the area councils became the metro district councils under the new Local Government System(PNDC 207) Act 462.
In 2003, part of the first schedule o f the Accra Metropolitan Legislative Instrument of the 1995 LI 161 was amended and replaced with LI 1722 of 2003 which led to the creation of 7 more sub metros. This intervention was informed by the need to break the good governance.
In this light although 2 sub metros such as Ashiedu Keteke and Osu Klotey were kept intact, Okaikoi North and Okaikoi South while Ayawaso East, Ayawaso West and Ayawaso West Wuogon. The Ablekuma North and Abossey Okai sub metros ad the Kpeshie sub Metro also experienced a division into La, Teshie and Nungua sub metros. In order to promote efficiency in the administrative machinery and also meet the ever pressing demands for amenities and essential services, the Teshie and Nungua sub metros were however merged and updated to a Municipal status. Thus in 2007, the Local Government Legislative of 1989(LI 1500) was revoked with the publication of LI 1865(2007) which established the Ledzokuku-Krowor Municipal Assembly with the following electoral areas; Akro Made Kpo, Nii Ashitey, Tsui Bleoo, Sangorjor, Nii Laweh, Nii Odai, Amlalo, Klowe Koo and Blekes.