LAUNCHING OF GHANA ARMED FORCES COMMUNITY RELATION WEEK 2011,AT TESHIE ABGLEZAA (LEKMA)News, Spotlight, Urban Roads — November 14, 2011 at 4:20 pm Print This Post | Email This Post
CHIEF OF THE DEFENCE STAFF’S OPENING REMARKS
GHANA ARMED FORCES COMMUNITY RELATION WEEKS 2011
NII – ME
•LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
1. We have come from Barracks today to be closer to you at Tsui Bleoo, because one week in our Training year, at this time, we set aside to relate more in our closely with the Community I which we live. And what the military based in Accra are doing here today, our colleagues in the other regions are doing likewise.
2. Indeed throughout the year as we carry out our constitutional responsibilities on Land, Sea and in the Air to safeguard the territorial integrity of our dear country, you also see us involve in other activities and ventures as Reliable Partners to support the National efforts for Socio-Economic Department.
3. Thus we can say the Relations Between us and the civil populace has always been good as we get out with the Police Service to combat Armed Robbery, as we are out there to save lives when floods occur. As we are on hand to assist open up roads; and many more.
4. Last year in our first Community Relations Weeks: We planted several thousands of various Species of seedlings; we reshaped some roads; we did maintenance works in some clinics; we assisted to build KVIPs and Laboratory Facility; we donated Blood and we made cash and kind donations to various clinics and orphanages, including the Cardio Centre at Korle-Bu.
5. This time around, in all Garrisons, we will be doing similar events, with some additions:
a. In Accra – We will reshape 1.6 km of roads here at Tsui Bleoo.
b. Also maintenance works at Mamobi Poly Clinic.
c. We will do blood donation at La Poly Clinic. We will make cash and kind donations to orphanages.
d. Our bands will come out to do special show called Beating The Retreat; There will be other skillful Displays.
e. Also, on Thu, we will show case our farm produce. Farming Activity is one of the things we manage to do, but which also contributing to the National Food Production effort.
f. And many more activities as already published.
6. We are doing this in Partnership with the People in the Community. So we expect all join us to do cleaning or pushing or cutting or digging as the case may be.
7. Now to you the Servicemen and Women, Let us go out there to commence our Community Relation Programmed and don’t forget leadership, Professionalism Hard work, Discipline. Cordiality and Cooperation. Let us build together and make over Nation great and strong.
8. On that note I wish you all a Pleasant and Fruitful Ghana Armed Forces Community Relations Week which is duly launched.