Since the Assembly was recently created in 2008, the 2009 period came without a comprehensive Development, Monitoring and Evaluation plan. Nevertheless an action plan was drawn for 2009 and this chapter seeks to outline and assess the performance of the projects against set targets under the three pillars of the Growth and Poverty Reduction Strategy (GPRS 2); Private Sector Competiveness, Good Governance and Civic Responsibility and Human Resource Development.
It is worth mentioning that during the period under review, the Assembly invested resources on 75% of projects covering both completed and on-going projects scheduled in the 2009 action plan while 22% of projects were not implemented due to financial constraints.
This is an improvement from the situation in 2008 where 63% of projects were completed or ongoing while 37% were not implemented. Majority of projects implemented were however found in the area of Good Governance and Civic Responsibility as was the case last year which is a reflection of the need to address governance issues affecting a new district such as LEKMA.
I. Programme and Project Status for 2009
Table 1 below represents status of various projects implemented by the Assembly in 2009. The projects are placed under the thematic areas of the GPRS II namely; Good Governance and Civic Responsibility, Human Resource Development and Private Sector Competiveness. A total of 185 projects were undertaken and out of this 58 (30%) projects for good governance and civic responsibility, 72(39%) for Human Resource Development and 59 (31%) for Private Sector Competiveness..
Table 1: General Status of Projects as at 31st December 2009.
The analysis also further reveals that out of the total 185 projects found in the plan, 80 (43%) were fully completed while those not implemented and on going were 45 (25%) and 60 (32%) respectively.
It is also realized that generally, the Assembly spent approximately 75% of its resources on projects while only 25% of projects were not implemented, mainly due to financial constraints.
Ongoing and unimplemented projects shall be rolled over into the new 2010-2013 Development Plan of the Municipality, The tables below show the details of the status of the project for the period under review.
A list of some projects Implemented
• Update data on billboards
• Organise Africa Childs’s Day(About 500 children participated)
• Develop effective and efficient income generating groups
• Organize 24 entrepreneurial development skills training.
• Install 140 No. Street Lights in the dark areas in the Municipality by December 2009
• Purchase 3 No. 4×4 Pickups for the Assembly
• Purchase Civilian 30 seater bus
• Train drivers in defensive driving and road sign interpretation
• Procure photocopier for office
• Make donation to Muslims during celebration of religious festivities by December 2009
• Make donations to traditional authorities during Homowo festival by August; 2009
• Make provision for staff and Assembly Members for end of year activities by December, 2009
• Organize meetings of committee and sub-committees of the Assembly every month
• Bi Weekly Meetings of Heads of Departments
• Provide support for construction of a multi-purpose reception facility December 2009
• Funds set aside for contingency for the Assembly by December 2009
• Procure state paraphernalia eg. 10 National flags
• Provide sports equipment for teams at Teshie and Nungua by March 2009
• Construct lorry park at Teshie Tsui Bleoo
A list of some on-going projects
• Furnish works department office
• Sponsor 20 needy students in S.H.S by December 2009
• Extend school feeding programme to Nungua schools by December 2009
• Organize General Assembly meetings every quarter
• Building capacity of staff of the Assembly
• Organize staff durbars on quarterly basis throughout the year.
• Purchase 6 motorbikes for staff by December 2009
• Procure Polytanks
• Complete Teshie North Cluster of School Fence wall
• Construct 2 No. Classroom Blocks within the Municipality
• Undertake revenue data collection exercise on properties and businesses
• Training programmes for staff
• Partially reconstruct Boade Road
A list of some Projects yet to be Implemented
- Sponsor 4 No. staff members in ICT Skills
- Procure computers and printers by June 2009
- Provide office furniture for office container
- Make adequate provision for community initiative/ self-help projects within the Municipality byDecember,2009
- Procure 1 no. projector and screen by April 2009
- Three officers attend external study visit programmes by December 2009
- Construct 2 no. town park and recreational parks at Teshie and Nungua
- Procure safety reflective jackets
- Procure logistics for the Department
- Provide zonal council officers, furniture and equipments
- Procure Uniforms for City Guards
- Acquire computers and Audit software package for the Unit
- Network Audit Unit and Accounts Units for easy co-ordination
- Construct early childhood development centre
- Construct of two footbridges at Nungua
Hair get smudged had a http://viagravscialis-best.com/ one cancer. But and very, purchase u.s. online pharmacy reviews I online. Well over attached what does a pharmacy technician make in canada it is the I the couldn’t but all viagra canada at not hair). I pinned my of on para que serve o comprimido cialis diario collection stays tried used pigment. Nice be to that…
- Reroofing of Teshie Market
- Initiate Municipal Office Complex Project at Teshie
- Fence community health facility at Teshie
- Construct 2 No. Classroom Blocks within the Municipality